These will help if you are just starting to write your masterpiece. If you have it finished already – don’t try to change it!
I can remove the unneeded things quicker than you can.
To show a scene change, the most common way is to separate the two lines with four or five asterisks. For example:
… and then we went to bed.
The next morning came early …
When I format, I will center the asterisks.
What to send me
- Your edited book in MS Word format. (.doc or .docx). Make sure the document includes:
- your *front stuff (see below). The front stuff is usually part of the document.
- your *end stuff (see below) . The end stuff is usually part of the document.
- any *dedications and or *acknowledgements.*These all are most often all in one document – you do not have to send four separate files
- For eBooks – You will be uploading the cover directly to the vendor sites, just as you will be adding the mobi or the epub.
- For Print books – I need the trim size! Once the book is formatted I will tell you the page count for your cover designer.
- Any special requests.
Please remember, I cannot format your work until I have all of the parts.