Things I need to do the job:
- Here are some samples
- Copyright Page (if you have anything out of the ordinary) – Example
- Dedication: – Example
- Your “End Stuff” included in the document – the stuff that comes after the story ends.
- About the Author – Example
(An author picture if you like)
- Other works by the author – Example
- Where to connect with the author – Example
- The text of your book (This will be in an MS Word .doc or .docx format. Other formats by prior agreement only)
- Maybe a chapter from the next book.
Here is what I do:
- I take your MS Word document
- I copy it and paste it into a plain text (.txt ) file (This is called “nuking it” and gets rid of almost all of the weird stuff MS Word adds to their documents.)
- I save the text file and then open a new template that I make for Kindle (or for Kobo or B&N or Smashwords etc. whichever format we are doing first.).
- I copy the nuked version into the template
- I reformat all the bolds and italics that you had and as well as set the look and feel to match what I think you want using eBook friendly Styles
- I take out all the Tabs
- I take out all of the extra spaces before and after each paragraph
- I then produce a .mobi that includes a toc
- Then I send you the appropriate files to you so you can upload them.